Change my cookie preferences
1. What are cookies?
"Cookies" are small pieces of data that a website asks a browser to store on a computer or mobile device when the website or certain pages are visited. The cookie allows the website to "remember" certain actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like. Cookies will usually contain the name of the website where the cookie has come from, how long the cookie will remain on your device, and a value which is usually a randomly generated unique number. Some cookies will be deleted as soon as the website is exited (the so-called "session cookies"), other cookies will remain stored on your computer or mobile device and will help us identify people as a visitor of our website (the so-called "permanent cookies").
3. Which cookies do we use?
We use first party and third party cookies: First party cookies are cookies created by the website itself. These cookies are used to optimize user-experience. Third party cookies are cookies created by parties other than the website. Third party cookies in relation to our website are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google Analytics. Google Analytics is Google's analytics tool which helps us understand how people engage with the website. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the "___ga" cookie. A further distinction can be made between the following types of cookies:
Necessary & functional cookies:
These are required for the operation of our website. They include for example cookies that enable people to log in. Our necessary & functional cookies are:
- CRAFT_CSRF_TOKEN: ensures browsing security by preventing forgery of cross-site requests. This cookie is essential for the security of the website and visitor (retention period: 1 session);
- CraftSessionId: sets a unique ID for the session. This allows the website to obtain data about visitor behavior for statistical purposes (retention period: 1 session);
- fonts-loaded: Stores the font status of the user for the current domain (retention period: 1 week);
- critical-css: stores the user's CSS status for the current domain (retention period: 1 week);
- cookie_compliance: this cookie is needed to keep track of which cookies we may place on devices (retention period: 2 years);
- biz_flagsA, _biz_nA, _biz_pendingA, _biz_uid: these cookies are used by Cloudflare to support performance optimization and security. (retention period: 1 year)
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, use_hitbox: cookies placed by YouTube. These cookies offer the ability to watch YouTube video’s on our website. (retention period: max 7 months)
These cookies allow us to analyse our webtraffic, to see the number of users of our website and how the users navigate through our website. Our analytical/performance cookies are:
- _gat, _ga, _gid: the user visit to maritimecampusantwerp.com is measured anonymously via Google Universal Analytics in order to optimise the information offered on our website. Google Analytics is set up in such a way that the IP address is not processed or data is shared. (permanent cookies with a maximum validity of 2 years)
- _mkto_trk: cookie placed by Marketo;
- em_acp_globalauth_cookie, prism_, cmp: cookie placed by ActiveCampaign;
How can cookies be managed or deleted?
Cookies can at any time be managed or deleted using the settings on the internet browser, allowing some or all cookies to be refused. Turning off cookies will limit the service that we are able to provide and may affect user-experience. Deleting cookies may result in manually adjusting preferences each time our website is visited. For more details about controlling and/or deleting cookies, visit the page corresponding to the relevant browser for more information:
For other browsers, please consult the documentation provided by the browser operator.